Could PWA be the kiss of death for eCommerce platforms?
Imagine if visitors to your eCommerce store could interact with it as if it were an app, even using it offline. Dream no more. Welcome to Progressive Web Applications. Today’s guest, CTO of Vue Storefront, Sander Mangel is here to tell us more about it and its potential impact on the e-commerce industry as a whole. Key takeaways: What makes Vue Storefront the fastest growing e-commerce PWA solution, how merchants can leverage the benefits of PWA, and the advantages of implementing this technology for the end user.
- Where PWA sits within existing e-commerce platforms
- The difference between decoupled and headless
- Cost of implementing PWA
- Benefits to e-commerce merchants and end users for implementing PWA
- How Vue Storefront makes money when their product is open source
- How merchants can get site statistics when they’ve implemented PWA
- How personalisation works with PWA
- Why they decided to use Vue rather than React
- How to store and sync large catalogues in the browser
- The next step after PWA